College of Education Sitemap
Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do with a degree in Kinesiology?

December 11, 2018

There is a broad range of careers available to Kinesiology graduates.  Students may choose to explore options relating to: Health, wellness and fitness Athletic Training Athlete development, strength and conditioning Clinical patient care Research Athletic administration, sport management, marketing and promotion Adaptive Physical Activity Some career pathways will require post-graduate course work and/or certification.  Students are… Read More »

Is direct transfer admission an option for the Kinesiology major?

December 11, 2018

Direct transfer admission refers to admission to the Kinesiology major in the College of Education concurrent with admission to Michigan State University.  Kinesiology majors must have an overall 2.0 GPA and complete a five-course core with a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each class by the time they reach junior status (56 credits). Transfer students… Read More »

Are there scholarships for transfer students?

December 11, 2018

The College of Education does not have a scholarship specifically for transfer students; however, we do offer scholarships for admitted undergraduate students. Scholarships are funded by gifts from faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College.

I would like to make an appointment with a Teacher Education advisor to discuss transfer admission. How do I schedule an appointment?

December 11, 2018

Non-MSU students who want to schedule advising appointments can call our office at (517) 353-9680 to request a telephone or in-person appointment. In addition, prospective secondary education students should plan to meet with an advisor in their degree major (e.g., Mathematics, English, Interdisciplinary Social Science, etc.).  To find contact information for individual departments, please use… Read More »

How do I apply for Direct Transfer Admission to the Teacher Preparation program?

December 11, 2018

You must first apply to Michigan State University through MSU’s on-line application for undergraduate admission and indicate your intention to earn a teaching certificate.  Students interested in becoming elementary teachers should select Education or Special Education (Learning Disabilities) as their major. Students interested in becoming secondary teachers should select the major corresponding to the subject… Read More »

How do I add a minor in Health Promotion or Coaching?

December 10, 2018

Information, including the process for adding a Minor through the Kinesiology Department, is posted on the College website. Health Promotion: Non-KIN majors can add the Minor in Health Promotion any time between September 1 and March 1 each year.  You will find information, requirements and the process for adding the credential on the College of… Read More »

What are the admission requirements for Kinesiology?

December 10, 2018

There is no formal application process for admission to the Kinesiology major.  However, students must successfully complete a set of required core math and science courses before reaching junior status.  Students must earn a grade of at least 2.0 in the following: CEM 141 – General Chemistry KIN 216 – Applied Human Anatomy (or ANTR350)… Read More »

How do I find out more about the Kinesiology major?

December 10, 2018

龙八国际官网在线To explore Kinesiology, visit the Department website at Students interested in learning more about Kinesiology should meet with an academic advisor.  Appointments can be made online at  You will need to select “EDUCATION COLLEGE ADVISING” as your service category at the very start, then work your way through the selection of an advisor and time.

u乐平台官网 igkbet娱乐官网|龙八国际官网在线 188体育竞技平台 d88尊龙|龙八国际官网在线 凯发官网龙八国际官网在线 千亿体育app 必威体育官网 千百万平台 万宝路平台官网 亚博真人娱乐平台